Saving Hacks

Want to speed up filling your savings basket? “When you are out during the day, don’t spend money you get as change. Then, after you come home and are ready to make contributions to your basket/account, be sure to include all of those unspent money along with your coins.

These are called “hacks.” Here are some of money-making and saving hacks to help you save more or spend less.

Saving More

Take your discipline completely out of the equation by automating your savings. Save before you see the money by transferring it automatically from every paycheck into savings. Instead of trying to find the moneyevery month, you set it once and watch the money pile up. Saving automatically is more efficient and more effective. If you take the traditional approach—waiting until you’ve paid all your bills before saving what’s left—there’s often nothing left to save. There’s a reason “pay yourself first” has been the mantra of the money-enlightened for decades: It works.

Paying Your Bills on Time
Most banks offer automated bill payment you can set up online. Utilities and other companies offer this service too, and might waive convenience fees or offer discounts for the right to suck money directly fromyour account. If your monthly bills include debt payments, automatically pay more than the minimum to work off debts faster. Minimum payments are for losers.

Create a Budget

Traditional budget worksheets are a thing from the past. It’s time to throw out the paper and pencil and let your computer or phone do the heavy lifting. Use a free service like web saving softwares/apps to establish goals and automatically track your spending. For even more convenience, look to the dozens of apps—many free—that can put your computerized budget into the palm of your hand.

While tracking and analyzing your expenses is the only way to know if there’s really any money hiding in your budget, the time-honored technique of using a change jar is a low-tech and simple way to save. When you come home, simply empty your pockets or purse of change. Start doing this and the amount you’ll save might surprise you. Try it.


Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter. Or subscribe to our RSS Feed.

Technorati Tags: business, educational, money, saving

9 comments:

  1. Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks?

    If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything
    you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

    Here is my web blog - dota2hacks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get
    listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Appreciate it

    Here is my web site My Site

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any
    browser compatibility issues? A number of my blog audience have complained about my
    website not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in
    Chrome. Do you have any
    recommendations to help fix this problem?

    My page :: Click here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thегe, I woulԁ likе to subscribе for
    this websіte to takе most up-to-date updates, thus wheгe can і do іt pleaѕe helρ.



    Hеre is mу wеblοg; Bad Credit Loans No Guarantor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey fantastic website! Does running a blog like this require a great
    deal of work? I've very little knowledge of computer programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway, should you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic but I simply had to ask. Kudos!

    Also visit my webpage: Http://Www.Towardssikkim.Com/Pg/Forum/Topic/191730/Tips-Tricks-And-Techniques-To-Using-Coupons/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attractive portion of content. I just stumbled upon your
    blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually loved account
    your weblog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing on your
    feeds or even I success you get right of
    entry to constantly quickly.

    my website :: Care Home Monitoring

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment
    form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble
    finding one? Thanks a lot!

    my webpage :: Oxford Tuition

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely create remarks, however i did a few searching and
    wound up here "Saving Hacks". And I do have a couple of questions for you if you tend
    not to mind. Is it only me or does it look like some of the
    responses come across as if they are left by brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are posting at other places, I would like to keep up
    with anything new you have to post. Would you make
    a list of every one of all your public sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?


    my web blog quirky jewellery uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I'm satisfied
    that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Feel free to surf to my page ... Dominos voucher discounts

    ReplyDelete